Russian Visa Support
Applying for a Russian visa
The requirements for Russian visa applications in the applicant’s country of origin are as follows –
- visa application form (downloadable PDF forms in English non-US citizens, English US citizens, French, German, Spanish, Italian, .gif form in Turkish) (some Russian Consulates accept only computer filled forms)
- invitation (visa support letter) provided by Educa
- valid passport (six months after the Russian visa expiry date)
- one recent passport-sized photo
- health insurance certificate (only required by some Russian Consulates).
The type of visa and its processing time depends on the duration of your stay, so check this section carefully before choosing the start date of your course.
|Length of stay||Course starting day||Visa type||Invitation process-|
|Extend-ability||HIV test certificate|
|Up to 30 days||Min 7 days after enrollment||Tourist single-entry||Up to 5 days (postage time included)||Non-|
|Up to 90 days||Min 6 weeks after enrollment||Short-term student single-entry||Up to 5 weeks (postage time included)||Extendable||Not required|
|Up to 1 year||Min 6 weeks after enrollment||Long-term student multiple-entry||Up to 5 weeks (postage time included)||Extendable||Not required|
The law states that all visitors’ passports and visas have to be registered within 7 working days upon arrival. EDUCA take full responsibility for the registration of their students with the local authorities. Registration normally takes up to two working days.
Until the registration is complete, students are provided with stamped copies of their passport, visa and migration card, as well as with a letter from EDUCA which is used as a temporary identity certification. During this period please, consult a member of staff at EDUCA before attempting to do any banking if identification is required.